As I walked into the Apple Store tonight I was overcome by the lights, the choices and of course the buzzing of the store. As I looked at everything, I got sooooooo excited and then it hit me like a ton of bricks…. This is exactly why men cheat! Although I have a trusty Gateway laptop, a Dell mini and access to a new Dell desktop, all I could do was think and scheme on how I was going to get a Mac in my life and most of all into my home.
So this is the answer to the age old question as to why men cheat, especially when they have a good woman at home. Having finally experienced it, it is simply because THEY WANT TO. It is something NEW, although we all have vaginas, a new one is enticing because he doesn't know what it will be like. It is PACKAGED DIFFERENTLY, so girlfriend, may dress up sometime like date night but not all the time. She may wear flats, sleep in oversized T-shirts and have a short haircut. The idea of this Beyonceish chick that is dolled up to do nothing, is appealing to his eye and draws him in. (Never forget men are visual creatures). It is something that he has to WORK to get. With all of this said, he now has to figure out a way to seduce this female enough to have sex with him, all while maintaining status quo with you. The work is hard but it can be viewed as a challenge and ups the ante a little. Bedding her secretly is the goal and the mission of all his efforts. All of that adds to the thrill to attain this "new" woman. Interest is peaked and the hunt is on. Although I will never argue that it is fair it is something I now look at differently.
I know that both men and women cheat. There are several and many different reasons/perspectives as to why this happens. Is it right? No, but that is just my opinion. I would love to hear more about this and the idealisms both men and women hold regarding cheating. (Define cheating as loosely or as strict as you see fit).
*thinking*--- Now that I have presented this philosophy does that mean I have to excuse future infidelities in any relationship I enter because I can relate to the rationale?
How did I connect the two right? Simple….
The Gateway is my GIRLFRIEND of 2 years. Reliable, knows my favorites, gives me comfort, holds all my memories, my passwords, my music, and although we have had one rough patch (crash), she survived and picked up right where we left off. So because I started school, I was able to justify the need for the Dell mini. The mini could be the CHICK I AM TALKING TO. The mini, has no memories, no documents, nothing much to offer. The mini gets taken to out (school) every now again to help me through class. Pure entertainment. Although I am not thinking about leaving the GIRLFRIEND for her, I still entertain her every now and again. Then comes the Mac. The Mac is the Beyonce or Halle of CPU's. The bells and whistles that makes you believe that if you don't have it something is wrong with you. The Mac walks by, batting the lashes, banging shape, juicy lips, nice outfit, nice heels , handbag, long flowing tresses , simply a maneater and just like that I know I needed a Mac in my life. Meet my MISTRESS. Now I know that Mac does nothing (major anyway) more than the Gateway does but I want it. I must have it and by having to devise a scheme to get it makes ME WANT IT MORE….
So this is the answer to the age old question as to why men cheat, especially when they have a good woman at home. Having finally experienced it, it is simply because THEY WANT TO. It is something NEW, although we all have vaginas, a new one is enticing because he doesn't know what it will be like. It is PACKAGED DIFFERENTLY, so girlfriend, may dress up sometime like date night but not all the time. She may wear flats, sleep in oversized T-shirts and have a short haircut. The idea of this Beyonceish chick that is dolled up to do nothing, is appealing to his eye and draws him in. (Never forget men are visual creatures). It is something that he has to WORK to get. With all of this said, he now has to figure out a way to seduce this female enough to have sex with him, all while maintaining status quo with you. The work is hard but it can be viewed as a challenge and ups the ante a little. Bedding her secretly is the goal and the mission of all his efforts. All of that adds to the thrill to attain this "new" woman. Interest is peaked and the hunt is on. Although I will never argue that it is fair it is something I now look at differently.
I know that both men and women cheat. There are several and many different reasons/perspectives as to why this happens. Is it right? No, but that is just my opinion. I would love to hear more about this and the idealisms both men and women hold regarding cheating. (Define cheating as loosely or as strict as you see fit).
*thinking*--- Now that I have presented this philosophy does that mean I have to excuse future infidelities in any relationship I enter because I can relate to the rationale?

You're good, ma...you're really good. Keep'em coming...
ReplyDeleteummm....i would buy this theory if the mistresses were usually of better quality than the girlfriend. I guess in that case, this theory works..
ReplyDeleteBut doesnt it seem like the mistress is never on the same level as the main chick? Only women cheat UP, men cheat DOWN, or parallel, at best. LOL. They go from a Mac to a desktop. WTF?!
I totally agree, and some women do it for the same reason-because they can. But just because you can doesn't mean that you should. When you do it, even though you know you shouldn't, your WRONG.
ReplyDeleteTHAT is true on so many levels but still as a man there is no excuse men r weak so in there weakness they rather have 1 up on there women and feel should i say manly most men cant take the pain of being hurt like women so they have back ups they just dont realize the reason they need more than just thst one good car they need or want 2 3 or 10 just in case there best one act up
ReplyDelete